Thursday, May 26, 2011

Old Los Angeles

For all the scores of times I've been to Malibu, yesterday was the first time I walked through the grounds of the Adamson House.  Breathtaking doesn't even begin to describe the gardens, house and tile work.  Here are a few pictures:

 I can't get enough of the outdoor fireplace.

A free-form tile mosaic makes a beautiful segue from pathway to patio.

An elaborate built in fountain with a view of the coast behind.

 More stunning tiles.

I can't get enough of the old California architecture.

Looking up the beach from the back yard.  The houses in the far distance are part of the Malibu Colony -- semi-private beach and enclave of the rich and famous.

I LOVE this planter! The landscaping featured a very small mix of plants, all growing in sweeping bands of bold color or cascading from ornate planters.

1 comment:

  1. Home sweet home... WOW! Lovely to be back and catching up with you here after our travels. After two weeks away from my studio, I'm itching to dig into some creative time now... aftet the jet lag wears off. ;o) Happy Days, Amanda ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete